Introduction to LGV C - Rigid Goods Vehicle (Class 2) Cat C
Our LGV Rigid Goods training courses cater to different licence categories. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced driver, our expert trainers will help you operate rigid goods vehicles safely and efficiently on the roads.
LGV C – Rigid Goods Vehicle (Class 2) Cat C
Includes Test Fees 3a & 3b
Dates throughout the year: In Centre or Customer Premises
Duration: 5.5 days
Price: £1,332+VAT (test fees included)
Qualification: LGV C Licence and Driver CPC Card.
Designed for: This course is for drivers who do not require a Driver CPC Card or are exempt such as Emergency Services, Mechanics or Plant operatives.
Cost (Training at Our Premises)
£1,332+VAT per Person
LGV Cat C License (also known as Class 2):
Vehicle Type: Allows you to drive rigid vehicles (vehicles with a fixed load space) over 3,500 kg, but with trailers up to 750 kg maximum allowable mass (MAM).
Eligibility: You must be at least 18 years old, and have a full car driving license.
Driver CPC: To drive professionally, you will need to obtain a Driver CPC. This involves a theory test, a case study test, a driving ability test, and a practical demonstration test.
Learning Outcomes & Benefits
What skills or knowledge will participants have upon completion?
- Completing LGV Cat C training is about becoming a highly sought-after logistics professional
- The training equips participants with the skills and knowledge to safely and proficiently operate large goods vehicles with an MAM of over 3,500 kg
- The training includes both theoretical and practical components covering driving laws, safety regulations, and best practices for LGV operation.
- Successfully completing the training opens doors to a range of career opportunities in the transportation and logistics sector, including roles such as planners, driver assessors, trainers, and examiners.
- LGV Cat C license holders can drive a variety of rigid body vehicles for delivery, distribution, or removal services.
- Obtaining an LGV Cat C license serves as a foundation for pursuing higher classifications of LGV licenses, such as the LGV Cat C+E license, which can unlock more job opportunities and higher earning potential.
- Even without progressing to higher license categories, LGV Cat C license holders generally have the potential to earn more than standard car driving license holders due to their specialised skills and qualifications.
What is the objective of this course?
The course’s prime objective is to forge you into an LGV Cat C Driver, proficiently trained to meet the industry’s regulations and standards, especially the DVSA test standards. Given the acute national driver shortage, this training is pivotal not just for individual advancement but for fortifying a vital UK industry.
Our comprehensive training covers:
- Support with medical bookings and essential DVLA forms (D2&D4) for provisional licence applications.
- A user-friendly online theory study programme to ensure thorough preparation for theory tests.
- Practical Module 4 training and real-world driver training post successful theory tests, concluding with the DVSA test.
Meet the trainer
Pete Betty – LGC Trainer
‘During my 14-year career in the British Army, I gained many training qualifications ranging from vehicle familiarisation, offroad training, tactical driving and ADR training. After leaving the Army, I began my career as an HGV driver and moved on to joining Viamaster Training where I work as an HGV Driver Trainer teaching different vehicle categories and delivering ADR lessons.’
At Viamaster Training, we offer a diverse range of courses designed to equip you with the necessary skills for success in the transport and logistics industry. Have a look at when our next course is taking place on our training dates page.
How to Enrol
Connect: Initiate your ADR journey by calling Viamaster Training at 0113 307 6575, dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or completing the online form.
Secure Your Spot: Once all prerequisites are satisfied, finalise your enrolment by processing the payment.
Why Choose Viamaster Training?
- Expertise: Leverage insights from our expert instructors, each bringing their industry experience to each lesson.
- Accreditations: Our status as an SQA Accredited Centre ensures training meets industry benchmarks.
- Adaptable Learning: With myriad durations and modules up for grabs, our course aligns with your unique needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Viamaster Training, we offer a diverse range of courses designed to equip you with the necessary skills for success in the transport and logistics industry.
What is an LGV Rigid Goods License?
An LGV Rigid Goods License allows you to manoeuvre rigid vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) exceeding 3.5 tons. From delivery trucks to vital collection vehicles, holders of this licence play an indispensable role in ensuring the seamless movement that fuels our economy.
How does Viamaster Training Deliver the Course?
Our training facility boasts the latest equipment and modern training vehicles, offering a realistic learning environment. Our instructors, backed by years of industry experience, ensure that you practice what you learn until you are confident. With Viamaster Training, you’re not just learning to drive; you’re preparing for success.
Who needs LGV Rigid Goods Vehicle (Class 2) Training?
This course is tailored for:
- Novice drivers aspiring for the complete LGV licence package.
- Individuals requiring a Driver CPC Card or those exempt, such as Emergency Services personnel, Mechanics, or Plant Operatives.
- Those who’ve already cleared portions of the course, like the theory test or have their provisional licence.
Why Train with Viamaster Training?
Every trainee is unique and deserves bespoke guidance, and that’s precisely what Viamaster offers. Our trainers, industry stalwarts in their own right, ensure the instruction you receive is unparalleled. Choose Viamaster, and you’re not merely gaining a license but forging a partnership for professional triumph.
Book a Course
We provide a range of logistics and transport training courses to help you develop new skills and gain the qualifications you need.
"*" indicates required fields