About LGV C - Rigid Goods Vehicle (Class 1) Cat C+E
Whether you’re embarking on a new career in long-haul transport or aiming to enhance your driving qualifications, our expert trainers are here to equip you with the skills required to operate articulated lorries, opening doors to diverse job prospects.
With an LGV Cat C+E license, you’ll have the ability to drive Category C (Class 2) rigid vehicles coupled with trailers weighing over 750 kilograms, playing a pivotal role in the transport industry. Our training program is characterised by excellence, led by proficient instructors who will guide you through the intricacies of theory and hands-on skills necessary to pass the LGV Cat C+E license test. Our state-of-the-art training facility and modern fleet of vehicles create a secure and immersive learning environment, ensuring you are well-prepared for your Class 1 driving journey.
LGV C – Rigid Goods Vehicle (Class 1) Cat C+E
Includes Test Fees 3a & 3b (Only if Cat C Held)
Dates throughout the year: In Centre or Customer Premises
Duration: 4.5 days
Price: £1,065+VAT (test fees included)
Qualification: LGV C Licence and Driver CPC Card.
- This course is for drivers who do not require a Driver CPC Card or are exempt such as Emergency Services, Mechanics or Plant operatives.
Cost (Training at Our Premises)
£1,065+VAT per Person
An LGV Rigid Goods License allows you to manoeuvre rigid vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) exceeding 3.5 tons. From delivery trucks to vital collection vehicles, holders of this licence play an indispensable role in ensuring the seamless movement that fuels our economy.
- Vehicle Type: Allows you to drive any LGV vehicles, including vehicles with trailers (articulated lorries) with a MAM exceeding 750 kg.
- Eligibility: You must have the LGV Cat C license before you can proceed to get the LGV Cat C+E license.
- Driver CPC: Just like with the Cat C license, if you plan to drive professionally, you will need to obtain a Driver CPC.
The course’s prime objective is to forge you into an LGV Cat C + E driver, proficiently trained to meet the industry’s regulations and standards, especially the DVSA test standards. Given the national driver shortage, this training is pivotal not just for individual advancement but for fortifying a vital UK logistics and transport industry.
Our comprehensive training covers:
- Support with medical bookings and essential DVLA forms (D2&D4) for provisional licence applications.
- A user-friendly online theory study programme to ensure thorough preparation for theory tests.
- Practical Driver CPC up to Module 4 training and real-world driver training post successful theory tests, concluding with the DVSA test.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is tailored for:
- Novice drivers aspiring for the complete LGV licence package.
- Drivers with experience and licence for LGV Rigid Good Cat C driving.
- Individuals are requiring a Driver CPC Card or those exempt, such as Emergency Services personnel, Mechanics, or Plant Operatives.
- Those who’ve already cleared portions of the course, like the theory test or have their provisional licence.
Learning Outcomes & Objectives
On successful completion, you won’t just be another driver; you’ll be a sought-after professional in the logistics field. You would have advanced driving skills suitable for handling large vehicles with a more complex structure, including articulated lorries with trailers. You will also have a comprehensive understanding of the safety regulations, driving laws, and other necessary theoretical knowledge needed to operate large goods vehicles responsibly and safely. Through the training and testing process, the trainees of this course gain hands-on experience in manoeuvring, parking, and driving LGV vehicles in different scenarios, including urban and motorway environments.
This training isn’t merely about handling a vehicle; it’s about opening doors in the transport and logistics sector. Roles as diverse as planners, driver assessors, trainers, and examiners are all within reach. Obtaining an LGV Cat C+E license can open up more lucrative job opportunities in logistics, transportation, and related fields. Drivers with this license are qualified to drive a wider variety of vehicles, which can make them more valuable to potential employers. With this license, a driver can operate both category C and category C+E vehicles, which could potentially lead to more varied and flexible job opportunities, including long-haul driving positions.
Generally, LGV Cat C+E drivers have the potential to earn more compared to drivers holding only the Cat C license, due to their ability to drive a wider variety of larger, more complex vehicles. Obtaining the license showcases that the trainee has a broader skill set, including the ability to manage larger vehicles and more complex driving environments, which could be a significant asset in any driving career.
How to Enrol
Connect: Initiate your ADR journey by calling Viamaster Training at 0113 307 6575, dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or completing the online form.
Secure Your Spot: Once all prerequisites are satisfied, finalise your enrolment by processing the payment.
At Viamaster Training, we offer a diverse range of courses designed to equip you with the necessary skills for success in the transport and logistics industry. Have a look at when our next course is taking place on our training dates page.
Why Choose Viamaster Training?
- Expertise: Leverage insights from our expert instructors, each bringing their industry experience to each lesson.
- Accreditations: Our status as an SQA Accredited Centre ensures training meets industry benchmarks.
- Adaptable Learning: With myriad durations and modules up for grabs, our course aligns with your unique needs.
Book a Course
We provide a range of logistics and transport training courses to help you develop new skills and gain the qualifications you need.
"*" indicates required fields