Introduction to Driver CPC Full Training Licence
A Driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) course is a mandatory training program designed for professional drivers operating large goods vehicles (LGVs) or passenger-carrying vehicles (PCVs). It aims to enhance drivers’ knowledge, skills, and safety standards, ensuring they meet the legal requirements and maintain high professional standards in their role.
Full Driver CPC Training
35 hours for CPC qualification
Location: In Centre for Individual or Customer Premises for Groups
Duration: 5 days
Qualification: Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
- If you hold a category C1, C1+E, C, C+E, D1, D1+E, D, or D+E licence and wish to work as a professional driver, you are required by law to complete the Driver CPC training.
Cost (Training at Our Premises)
£213.54+VAT per Person
The Driver CPC Full Licence (35 hours) is a legal framework, that ensures that professional drivers consistently maintain high standards of road safety.
Who is this for?
- Existing professional drivers seeking to renew their DCPC.
- Those with ‘grandfather rights’, having obtained their LGV licence before 2009.
- Aspiring LGV drivers possessing acquired rights.
Module 1: Driver CPC Theory
In this module, you will cover the theoretical aspects of Driver CPC training. It consists of two parts: multiple-choice and hazard perception tests. The multiple-choice test includes 100 questions with an average pass rate of around 85%. The hazard perception test presents 19 videos, and you need to identify and score points for each hazard. The pass mark for the hazard perception test is 67%.
Module 2: Case Studies
Module two focuses on case studies that simulate real-life scenarios faced by HGV drivers. You will be presented with approximately seven case studies, each followed by multiple-choice questions. This module aims to assess your ability to apply knowledge and make informed decisions in practical situations. The pass mark for module two is 80%, and the test typically lasts less than two hours.
Module 3: Practical Test for Licence Acquisition
This module involves a practical driving test to assess your driving ability and vehicle handling skills. Similar to a car practical test, it includes on-road driving, off-road driving, and vehicle safety questions. The practical test lasts approximately 90 minutes and aims to evaluate your overall driving competence.
Module 4: Driver CPC Practical Test
Module four focuses on practical aspects beyond driving skills. It requires you to demonstrate and explain various operations related to being a professional driver. Examples of areas assessed in this module include emergency processes, correct loading procedures, and vehicle safety checks. The practical test provides an opportunity for you to showcase your understanding of these essential aspects of professional driving.
By completing these modules as part of the Driver CPC course, you will acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and practical abilities to meet the requirements set by the Driver CPC regulations. Viamaster training, led by experienced and qualified trainers, can guide you through each module, ensuring that you are well-prepared and confident in your abilities.
You can complete your Driver CPC hours across multiple courses:
The courses we offer Driver CPC hours are:
- Accident Prevention and Vulnerable Road Users – CRS11930/280
- First Aid – CRS17349/280
- Fuel Efficient and Safe Urban Driving – CRS11931/280
- Health and Safety – CRS11932/280
- LGV Vehicle Safety – Loading, Rollovers and Bridge Strikes – CRS14432/280
- Tachograph Legislation and Company Compliance – CRS11929/280
- Transport Manager Refresher – Safe Operations – CRS15722/280
- Transport Manager Refresher – Compliance and Regulations – CRS15695/280
You can have up to 5-7 hour sessions depending on your needs. Training handbooks will be provided for you to take away. All courses are conducted in person.
At Viamaster Training we are industry leaders in the delivery of periodic CPC training and believe in making each course as interactive and engaging as possible through inspired teaching by industry experts. We work with our partners to ensure that the learning is relevant and gives the driver the development required to be at their best and most knowledgeable, which then gives a return on investment. We deliver countless courses each year, courses can be delivered in our centre or they can be carried out on your premises.
Who is this course designed for?
Drivers operating qualifying vehicles for work, are required to obtain a Drivers Qualification Card (DQC).
As a professional driver, maintaining road safety and upholding high standards is not just a choice but a legal requirement. Here’s what you need to know about the Driver CPC Full Licence:
- Legal Mandate for Road Safety: Professional drivers are entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring road safety and adhering to high standards. The Driver CPC Full Licence is a legal requirement that helps drivers meet these crucial obligations.
- Grandfather Rights and Pre-2009 LGV Licence Holders: If you possess grandfather rights or obtained your LGV licence before 2009, you have the option to undergo periodic training to maintain your Driver CPC status.
- Newly Qualified Drivers: For newly qualified drivers, the initial path to gaining their Driver CPC involves completing the Mod 2 & 4 route.
- Five-Year Validity: Your Driver CPC must be kept fully up to date. It remains valid for a duration of five years from the date of issue.
- Avoiding Topic Repetition: To maintain your Driver CPC status, it’s essential to avoid repeating the same topic within the five-year cycle unless you have a valid reason to do so. You can easily monitor your CPC hours and compliance on the government’s official website.
Learning Outcomes & Benefits
Upon successful completion of the Driver CPC course, trainees will:
- Understand Driver CPC Regulations: Have a thorough grasp of the regulations governing Driver CPC and their significance in professional driving.
- Meet DQC Requirements: Be well-prepared to fulfill the DQC requirements necessary for professional driving.
- Practice Safe Driving: Implement safe driving practices effectively, ensuring the well-being of themselves and others on the road.
- Manage Emergencies: Handle road emergencies and crises with confidence and precision, ensuring the safety of goods and passengers.
How to Enrol
Connect: Initiate your ADR journey by calling Viamaster Training at 0113 307 6575, dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or completing the online form.
Secure Your Spot: Once all prerequisites are satisfied, finalise your enrolment by processing the payment.
Why Choose Viamaster Training
- Expertise: Leverage insights from our expert instructors, each bringing their industry experience to each lesson.
- Accreditations: Our status as an SQA Accredited Centre ensures training meets industry benchmarks.
- Adaptable Learning: With myriad durations and modules up for grabs, our course aligns with your unique needs.
Book a Course
We provide a range of logistics and transport training courses to help you develop new skills and gain the qualifications you need.
"*" indicates required fields